Peach and Blueberry Crumble
3 cups (750mL) sliced peaches
1 cup (250mL) blueberries
¼ cup (60mL) brown sugar, packed
¼ cup (60mL) granulated sugar
1 Tbsp (15mL) Minute tapioca
½ tsp. (2.5mL) ground cinnamon
¾ cup (180mL) Quick-cooking (not instant) rolled oats
½ cup (125mL) all-purpose flour
½ cup (125mL) brown sugar, packed
¼ tsp. (1mL) salt
6 Tbsp (90mL) margarine or butter
- Set oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Step 1:Mix peaches and blueberries gently and spread on bottom of 1 ½ quart (1.5L) greased casserole dish
- Step 2:Mix together the ingredients of step 2 and sprinkle over fruit.
- Step 3:Mix oats, flour, sugar, and salt. Cut in margarine until crumbly.
- Spread over fruit and press down gently.
- Bake, uncovered, for 50 to 55 minutes until golden and bubbly
- Serves six
Note: Based on "Prach Crumble" from Company's Coming Sweet Cravings by Jean Paré. ISBN: 1-895455-96-0. Try other fruits as well.